6 is the smallest perfect number.
A perfect number's factors add up to their product.
Somewhere I heard:
Six isn't perfect because God created the world in six days, but rather, God created the world in six days because the number is perfect.
From the aesthetic point of view, however, six is extremely unperfect. Unlike the smoothly flowing and gentle one through five, six is a gutteral, bronchitis-inspired chunk of metal. When counting up by integers, six is the first number to suck.

Start with 1, or 0 if you prefer. Both are very essential, particularly to the Boolean algebra used by our most prized possessions. They fundamentally must be there. Their simplicity approaches beauty.

2 is an important number. A pair, a double, a couple, a binomial... a key ingredient to the peace sign and the V for victory.

3 is very artistic, and has also been graced with a wide variety of names. A triple, a trio, a trigeminal nerve, a triathalon... if not for three, there would be no Triforce.

No one can deny 4's place as a beautiful number. The sum of its square root is itself. Cars have four wheels, Final Fantasy had four heroes, and its part of our everyday golf jargon.

The first cool prime number. 5 is as user-friendly as it is graceful. It is so easy to count by! 5, 10, 15, 20... It has its own American dollar bill, and its the high point of The Twelve Days of Christmas.

Then comes 6. Three of them will introduce you to the antichrist. Insects have six legs. It is not prime, and its factors have conspicuosly ostracized the golden number five. Apart from sextet and hexagon, it has no other cool names. Who uses hexagons anyway? Six is an ugly number. An unpleasant number. If a number sued Napster, it would be sixtallica. If an integer could wage war, Adolf Sixler would be the fuhrer. If a digit could be in a bad movie, Leonardo DiSixrio would be the blankly staring face on the screen.

Trippin!? What are yousaying!?

6 is a beautiful number. It's in the time we count by- half of twelve, which it's based on; Sixty minutes, twenty-four hours (the square times the six)...

The basis of life, Carbon, is element number six in the Periodic table; It has six electrons. The air we breath, Oxygen, has six electrons in its outer shell.

It's a magic number when multiplied by an even number- six times four equals twenty-four, two plus four is six.

Hexagons, the six-sided shape, are the both the strongest regular tile and the one with the most sides... And there's something really cool.

Suppose there's a bee hive. Bees make Hexagonal shaped cells- these can be imagined as tiles.

|.../\../\../\.......
|../..\/..\/..\......
|..|a.||c.||e.|......
|..\../\../\../\.....
|...\/..\/..\/..\....
|....|b.||d.||f.|....
|....\../\../\../....
|.....\/..\/..\/.....

Now, the Queen's doing an inspection, and she doesn't want to waste time doubling back, so she's only going to go one way. To get into A, there's one route: Into A. From A to B, there's only one way- throught the bold line.

To get to C, she can go through the Bold line and back out of B into C, or just pass from A straight to C. That's 2 ways. There are three ways into D, and Five into E; There's 8 into F, and, if you imagine G, there's 13 into there. See a pattern? That's right: the Fibonacci Sequence...

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13... Each number totals the total of the two before it. This happen with all the way through the double row of Hexagons.

Six is the number of faces on a cube, the most stable for building and a most infamous shape; Six is the number of zeros in a million (106), the oft-used big number; Six is the most common number of letters per word in the Voynich Manuscript, English Christian- and Sur- names.

Six is a beautiful, wonderful number! if there was a number humanity enjoyed most, it would be having six; if there was a number to define winning, it would be sixess; If there was a number to create the wonders of Role-Playing (using Six-siders?) it would be Gary Gysix.
Six is wonderful.

It's also the number of cans in a pack of beer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.