I recently went to a seminar on working for Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida as part of a college program and found out some interesting information. First, Disney pays very poor wages. The wage is $6 / hour and you must live in a specific 'college community' approved housing. This approved housing is not free & comes out of your weekly check. You are expected to work 35 - 45 hours a week and the rest of the time is up to you how to spend it. They do offer courses in Retail, Management, & Public Speaking for free to students in the college program, which is a plus and they said that many Universities take the courses as actual college credit.

On the plus side however, all the alumni kids that were at the meeting said that they absolutely loved the job. Although they didn't get paid well, they describe the setting as living in Florida in a big dorm-like place with 2,000 - 2,500 other college kids. The Atlantic ocean is a 1 hour drive away, & the Gulf of Mexico is only 2 hours away. So if you're a college student and want to work for Disney, it's basically a chance to have a lot of fun, meet lots of people, put a big company on your resume, but not get paid well at all.

Oh, one last thing, they had a lot of various jobs, which they actually called "character roles". These were:

Quick Service (Fast Food)

Full Service (Restaurants)

Operations (Attractions, Greeter, Parking)

Showkeeping (Custodian)

Transportation

Merchandise

Recreation

Hospitality

Role Hopper (Assigned to multiple positions)

Aquatics Program

I'd reccomend attending one of their on campus seminars if you're intersted in going. As for this writer, I'm still deciding...
http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com