i have discovered that by focusing my perspective onto a point high in the sky, i can jump up to it, making it appear like i can fly. i do this the whole way home only to discover a fight in my neighbor's backyard.

someone runs up to me and tells me someone just punched tricia. i fly over the fence and land, screaming and pushing people. chris and nick seem to be at the epicenter of the problem. i know that one of them hit my tricia, and now i know that one of them will die.

chris tells me that it's none of my business and i should stay the hell out of it. i grab his throat, focus my perspective way up high, and jump. he dangles from my grip as i coast through the air. at the peak of my jump, his throat gives way and he falls back to the ground, leaving me with a clump of organs and tissue in my hand.

i land and find tricia. she's crying and said they punched her because she objected to them hurting one of her friends. nick plows into me from behind and begins punching me in the head. manuel and two of his cronies pin me to the ground. one of them pulls out a butterfly knife and holds the blade behind my left ear. he begins applying downward pressure, cutting into the back of my head. i try to wrestle my way free, but can't, so i go limp.

they finally let me up, i regain my composure, clutch my head wound, and tell them that they've signed their death warrants. i grab tricia and fly her to my house where people are trashing my car. they see me land and run away. i explain to tricia and my mom how i can fly now.

...

i'm at a party telling my close friends how i'm "out of the game" which we all know somehow means that i'm gonna stop hanging out altogether. i tell them i can't take how violent and sick this world has become. i briefly mention plans to take tricia and fly away to some island somewhere. i hear a phone ring. (in reality, it's tricia, wondering whether i'd like to join her for lunch.)