I seem to have a technical curse on me. Which witch have I offended? Which shaman is shunning me? First my laptop wouldn't work, then when I got the backup machine going, the internet failed me.

So anyway, despite the health scare at the end of last year, I continue to be well. I am upright and facing forward, walking and talking with no apparent after-effects.

Of course there have been hurdles to deal with. My state-provided medical insurance lapsed and it's a struggle to get it going again. This means that for the time being I have not been taking any new tests or procedures, because I want to be able to pay my rent at the end of the month. Seriously, having to choose between being housed and getting healthcare sucks. Why is there not general outrage at the US healthcare system?

Meanwhile, serious thanks to all of you who reached out to me by e-mail, letter and phone. Apologies to everyone who messaged me on E2 and didn't get a reply yet. I;m working through emails and responding as I can. As to my request for books, it was very well met and I'm delighted that I have so much good stuff to read now that I need a new bookcase. Book highlights thus far have been a book on the history of salt (very interesting indeed!) and the Illuminatus! trilogy, which has led me down more rabbit-holes than I thought possible from a work of fiction. I shall be writing a report later.

Finally, a big thanks to weroland for jumping on the Brevity Quest in my absence. I will doubtless be contributing and I encourage you all to do the same.

xclip -o | wc -w
287

Written this Prickle-Prickle, the 44th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3190

JD says "I corrected a few typos, though I left the misspelling of "technical" since it strikes me that could be deliberate. I hope the rest were actual typos, things like "'WHich'." I, Knig of Tyops, say thank you!