"Everything can be taken from a man but ...the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

Viktor Frankl
Man’s Search For Meaning

I have often thought that truly the greatest thing about The United States of America is the base understanding that life is precious, for it is this meme that I believe is the core of the American Dream. It is the belief that not only can we survive any hardship, but that we can thrive. So, kamalian I say: BUY IN.

I know that this may appear the naiveté born of entitlement that American’s can’t help but feel, based on such lucky circumstances that allow us to go through our lives never understanding the suffering of other places, other people.

However, there can be value in that suffering. In the choice to face the hardship, people can derive meaning…

If everything sucks, and if everything has been taken, and all that remains for any individual, is that choice: the choice to say I will continue unbowed and unbroken, for those people the choice to continue becomes everything.

That is not to say that I don’t see the new nihilism in America, in my friends, in my self. But I think that is wrong.

So, I will say it twice BUY IN Choose to always see all life as precious, with all the arrogance that implies. Because who am I to deny those who are suffering that choice?