I am someone.
Who is none of your business.
Ba da ba fillin' da nodeshells,
Jus' a fillin' da nodeshells . . .
-----BEGIN NODE CODE BLOCK----- NAT I+(++) xp+ n+(++) C* H+ c+ e+ #- d- D-- p g- N+ ------END NODE CODE BLOCK------
Nodeshells that were really fun!
Bits of Lit
Just finished noding Housman's Last Poems. There are a few icky spots where poems had been previously noded. These will be taken care of posthaste. I recently filled out the holes in our copy of A Shropshire Lad. Icky spots there for the same reason. Same posthaste applies.
- nipkow disc
- Pensacola Christian College
- barefoot and pregnant
- Because the gods that made them are gods no more
- Your picture has spoken a thousand words and now it won't shut up
- The cute kitten represents violence and carnage and, if he is lucky, the children look.
- Some advice on girls by a girl : the simple stuff
- Don't be sexy. I said stop that.
- data structure
- The world needs more frat boys like kindergarteners need crack cocaine
- Coding Versus Scripting
- For a boat of white bone, and we three
- Microsoft's ActiveX idea, it must now be conceded, is a bad thing.
- Girls with glasses
Okay, so you read down this far. I'll let you in on a secret: my writing philosophy. See, I don't write for you, even though you think you're my audience. I write for myself. The authors I like to read wrote for themselves, not for some nebulous "public". I read Dickens, not Faulkner. I read Rand, not Clancy. And when one of my undergrad writing instructors told me, "Think of your audience!" I calmly replied, "My audience is people who like what I write."
That said, I hope you like what I write. I have said I write for myself, and that's true. But I share — I node and publish and post and weblog — for you.
I want to know what you think about what I write. I want to know that I inspired thought, and that there are others who, all on their own, think like me.
If you don't like what I write, that's alright too. I entertain no belief that I'm "normal". Normal is a disease. Weird is the cure.
Downvote if you want, too. It's your right. I've been downvoted and upvoted. My most-C!hinged writeup is my most-downvoted. I've only had one writeup nuked, and shortly thereafter I had several people tell me it was one of their favourites.
If you don't like what I write, don't worry. You're not my audience.