Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Imagic
Model Number: IA3611
Rarity: 2 Common+
Year of Release: 1982
Programmer: Bob Smith

"O we are lost, lost" laments the King. "Without our vast treasures we cannot raise an army 'gainst these accursed dragons. Our Kingdom must now languish under lizards!"

"Nay, not so, my liege!" replied the young Prince. "None knows that Castle, those many bridges and storerooms, better than I. Give me leave and I shall loot those lizards of their plunder and restore my lord to his birthright."

"Brave boy," said the King, fully pleased. "But," he added darkly, "beware dread dragonfire!"

Dragonfire is a treasure hunting adventure game for the Atari 2600. Side srolling games that only have a few screens usually tend to get old quick, and this one is no exception.

You begin the game by running across a bridge while dodging fireballs. Then you enter the dragon's treasure chamber. In the treasure chamber you have to wait for the dragon to turn away, and then run in and grab a treasure. Keep doing this until you gather all the treasures and the a door to the next level will appear. Then you can start it all over again with an increased difficulty level.

Scoring

Each treasure you pick up will add to your point total. Different treasures have different point values. Try to get the higher point items first. That way your score will be higher if you meet an untimely death.

Codes, tricks, and cheats

You can screw over the second player with a damage bug. Let one of the fireballs hit you in the legs at the moment you exit the treasure chamber, and the second player will take almost all the damage from it! Of course the second player can retaliate by doing the same thing to you, so this trick is not reccomended.

You can briefly walk backwards in mid air by jumping in one direction, and then instantly preesing the joystick in the opposite direction without releasing the jump button.

Collectors Information

This title came in the standard "shiny" Imagic box. The front of the box showed a realistic graphic of a scary looking green dragon breathing fire. The cartridge label showed a smaller version of the same picture.

This game is valued at around $2 USD. Games with boxes and manuals are worth more.