The fifth dimension had me stumped a looong time. But then along came Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy to clear it all up for me, specifically the last book in the series, Mostly Harmless. Douglas Adams described the fifth dimension as probability or in other words alternate realities. For instance, if somebody had killed my grandfather 60 years ago my father and myself would never have been born, and in another universe that just may be the case. Well, anyway, once I read Mostly Harmless it was all too clear on where this theory for the fifth dimension came from (Douglas Adams didn't really go into exactly what the fifth dimension is, I had to sit and think about it for quite a while). Basically the fifth dimension would just be several fourth dimensions stacked on top of each other (kinda like the 2nd dimension(y) is a bunch of 1st dimensions(x) stacked on top of each other, and the 3rd dimension(z) is just the whole (x,y) plane stuck together side by side). So, you take the timeline of the fourth dimension where every point is an entire (x,y,z) cartesian graph which is the universe and stack it on top of each other, kinda like a second (x,y) plane, except now its a (time, probability) plane. Since the 5th dimension is made up of an infinite number of timelines, it'd be logical to assume that each one of these lines is a whole other spin on what *could have* been and what *can* be.