http://www.freelunchdesign.com/icytower.shtml

Harold the Homeboy has decided to climb a huge tower he found the other day. It's up to you to help him get as high as possible without falling down, and collect extra score by doing cool moves on the way.

Icy Tower is a simple game, made by Anders Svensson and Johan Peitz (Who you've probobly never heard of) with DJGPP. You use left and right arrows to move left and right, and spacebar to jump. You jump up several platforms, each one being a 'floor'. A successful jump gets you 10 points. Multiple combo jumps (two or more floors in one jump) in a row net you bonus points. However, you lose if you fall off the bottom edge of the screen. If you stand still, the screen slowly scrolls up, getting faster each time the clock in the top-left corner makes one revolution. Under the clock is the combo bar, telling you how many floors you have comboed together and how much time you have to make another jump to continue the combo.

Every tenth floor is marked by a little sign (saying something like "10" or "50" or "780"). Every fiftieth floor is a big marker floor stretching across the entire screen. When you cross these marker floors, you get a small fireworks display, a new graphic for the platforms, and announcer guy saying "Great Job!".

Icy Tower is a whopping 1.8MB download, but the sound updates (that is, update from 11khz) are 2.8MB (22khz) and 6.9MB (44khz).