Double Chocolate Fondue (almost bio-hazardously bad for you)
- 15 ounces natural (i.e. straight cocoa-bean) chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups cream or milk, organic
- 1/3 cup natural cane sugar
- apple wedges
- banana pieces
- mango or pineapple
Makes about 3 1/2 cups chocolate fondue, serving 6 to 8.
- In metal bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate. Careful of the steam. Stir until smooth, and
stir in butter. Resist temptation to sample, you'll burn your toungue.
- In saucepan, heat cream over moderate heat until hot. Do not boil.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add cream to chocolate by 1/2 cupfuls, stirring until cream before adding
next 1/2 cupful.
- Serve fondue in a fondue pot over a very low flame (tea candle or canned heat) with fruit. Some people use pound cake, but
stick with fruit; otherwise you'll might need another 12 hrs. running to work off the damage.