Cleaning feels wonderful when you're done. Tonight my inbox went from 180 or so to 5. I unsubscribed myself from the mailing list I wasn't really reading anyway, finally wrote that perl script that will allow me to report SPAM to spamcop with only a single keystroke (mutt is indeed a gift from the gods), and caught up on correspondance I let age for too long.

Now I just have to convince myself to do the same to the physical objects in my room. I happen to be sitting next to a stack of 8 cinder blocks that my roommate got with the intention of propping up beds on them. Unfortunately, it turns out there's a new rule against that this year, despite the fact that more than half the rooms on campus do it. So they sit there and dissuade me from any attempts at cleaning, because if the room cannot be immaculate when I'm done, then what's the point?

I'm also amazed that every time I think I'm figuring everything out, I'm shown just how much of a mystery it is to me. Some of my factual nodes such as why it's impossible to tune a piano perfectly and BFS seemed to be well-received, and I know a lot about things like that, so I figured I'd go Know What I Know. But then no one seemed to care about figured bass and double sharp. Now I'm not complaining or whining, I can take it, my self-esteem is not that fragile. But I don't want to waste my time noding things that no one else cares to read. So I continue my quest to figure out which things people want to hear about and which things they don't.

I'm due for a node housecleaning soon...