‘Ode to Apollo’, in being dedicated to the god of poetry, seems to suggest a link between poetry and immortality. Indeed, the very act of resurrecting a cast of revered poets acts to transcend the notion of mortality, allowing them to live on in praise and in the eyes and ears of their readers. The power of poetry itself, in being able to transcend mortality, is also alluded to; for instance, in the line, “The soul delighted on each accent dwells,– / Enraptured dwells, – not daring to respire, / The while he tells of griefs, around a funeral pyre,” poetry is exalted for being able to defeat the mortal need to breathe, paradoxically through a recount of the grief that is the very mark of mortality. This power of poetry is also celebrated in Keats’s own use of poetic lyricism. The word “dwells” is perfectly suspended at the end of the line, as to make readers literally “dwell” on the poetic “delight” that is described. The following repetition, “Enraptured dwells” releases this sensation of suspension in imitation of the exhaling of breath – allowing the poem, otherwise immoral and lifeless, to be filled with an essence of life. Other examples of “breath”, “passion”, “pity” and “love” in the poem contribute the fusion that is created from the immortalising of poetry in praise and the moral experience of reading poetry – effectively blurring the line between Apollo’s immortal world and reader’s moral world.