Well hello there.

I feel very awkward about posting this. My feelings about E2 are positive but complicated, and the quickest explanation for my long absence is that I simply moved on, as people often do. I love so many of the people I've met here over the years, and talk to many of them daily, but I just don't feel the drive to post here, these days.

That said, I am posting today to ask you for money. It's so crass and I have been in a mental squirm over this for days. But if I don't try, no good things can result.

Longtime user and total sweetheart witchiepoo is in a terrifying financial mess - the sort of crisis on top of circumstance on top of rotten luck that could happen to any of us. She has a new job starting soon, but in the interim, the numbers have been sliding out of her favor and she's facing eviction if she doesn't drum up some cash in the next couple of days.

I have set up an account for her here:

sarahnotgettingevicted.chipin.com

through which you can donate any amount via paypal, and it goes immediately to her. Since I am hoping for the cumulative kindness of many strangers, a donation of literally even one dollar is useful and appreciated.

If you know me at all, you know my word is good. I give you my word that Sarah is a decent person worth helping. If you have a little extra money, this would be a worthwhile place to put it.

Here is Sarah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zTXpC0SoA

That's her talking about gratitude, and luck, and the crazy, overwhelming kindness of strangers that can suddenly happen. It absolutely does happen - I see people bravely step up for each other all the time. It is probably my favorite thing in the world. I am asking you to help me make it happen today.


(Edit: in the 2 hours after posting here, contributions doubled. Thank you guys so, so much.)