Some other symptoms Woundweavr didn't mention include:



It's currently unknown if it can be transmitted sexually, and short of a tick bite the only other known way to transmit it is directly receiving blood (i.e. blood transfusions, through the umbilical cord).

That's all I can remember at the moment (I myself have Lyme which leads to memory problems so ...)

What most people don't know is how politically controversial this disease is. It is very hard to get a proper diagnosis unless you have "classic" symptoms, and even then it is difficult to get the proper treatment. Later stages (Chronic Lyme Disease) lead into auto-immune disease if you are predisposed to it (33% of the US (world?) population is). The main reason that it's so controversial is because a Yale doctor was the first to diagnose it (in the USA anyway). He also wrote up the treatment protocol, but was wrong. Yale, being very arrogant, still does not want to admit to their mistake. There are also companies that stand to make money if Yale's camp is right. There's enough to make anyone who knows it all sound like a conspiracy theorist. Visit lyme.org if you have the time and you can find out some more info and links to support group and patient's sites. Many of them have the information that would probably make me look crazy if I posted it here. About a year ago (in early 1999), some prominant doctor's who were treating Lyme (correctly) estimated that 1 in 5 people in the Connecticut area have Lyme; that 1 in 20 of those have been diagnosed; and that 1 in 80 of those are getting the treatment they need. Yes, it really is that bad.