All righty then. The silly season beginneth.

Technically, it began about twenty days ago, but go figure. For me, it doesn't really begin until I first scent the Grand Marnier and the pine and the oversweet scent of liqueur chocolate. And of course, when the presents start popping up under the good old fake tree.

Every year, my father buys a present for the 'house', ie something the house needs. We always have the option of opening it before Christmas, too.

I can't remember a whole heap of them, as they get subsumed in the mad joy of opening other presents, specifically my own. Two years ago though, it was definitely a new fish tank: one with a built in filter and just looked pretty. I knew what it was that year because I helped dad choose it on one of our Saturday morning shopping trips.

This year, dad acted all mysterious about it, and we decided to open it before Christmas just to shut him up.

It was a wireless modem.

This may not be a big deal to some, but for us, it's huge. We no longer have to put up with the CAT-5 cables trailing into my brother's room, or being unable to shut doors because of said cables.

Plus, I can now use my Gameboy DS over the internet. So if anyone has an Animal Crossing for DS Friend code, please /msg me!

Anyways. I've started something new this year too. I bought Christmas presents for everyone on my own, with my own money.

Helps that I've got a steady, well-paying after school job, I guess.

Previous years have seen my parents buying all the presents, and me just selecting them and wrapping them.

I can't tell you what I bought because certain members of my family use E2.

Thus endeth my seasonal daylog rant. Happy holidays, everyone, and sucks to those in the northern hemisphere that get shorter holidays than me.

Merry Christmas, and see you next year!