The rules of the yellow car game are as follows:
- When you see a yellow car you may, at your leisure, punch a nearby person after announcing "yellow car".
- You may also punch somebody after announcing the sighting of a mini.
- You may punch somebody twice (or two people once each) after announcing the sighting of a yellow mini (hint: the Isle of Man has a driving school which uses yellow minis).
- You may not return a punch for the sighting of a car.
- A car is defined in this context as anything with at least four wheels (thus bicycles do not count, but roller-skaters do).
- A car is "yellow" if at least 50% of its painted exterior is yellow.
I am unsure as to the origins of the game, but these are the rules played by a number of archers at the University of Bradford.