I'd like to contribute a few tidbits that have not yet been mentioned in the other excellent writeups about FLW.

Frank Lloyd Wright designed several houses with completely flat roofs, which, as a result, were notorious for leaking. However, some of his other roofs leaked as well, including the pagoda-influenced roof of Wingspread, a large prairie-style house in northern Wisconsin that Wright designed in the late 1930s for Herbert F. Johnson of the S.C. Johnson & Son wax product empire. During a dinner party, rain was dripping from the ceiling onto Herbert "Hib" Johnson's bald head, prompting him to telephone Wright and complain. Wright glibly replied "Well, Hib, why don't you move your chair?"

As an involved party in a court trial, Wright once stated that his profession was the greatest living architect in the world. When someone close to him later criticized him for making such an immodest claim, he said that he had no choice because he was under oath.

Taliesin is Welsh for "shining brow", which alludes to the way Wright build the Taliesin house into the side of the hill instead of on the hilltop.

Although Wright's Usonian design was a landmark achievement of affordable house architecture, it had the unfortunate side effect of spawning a variety of hollow imitators, all blander and cheaper than the original.

During his final years in Arizona, Wright was under the care of Dr. Robert S. Flinn, an esteemed cardiologist and internist who would later form the Flinn Foundation with his philanthropic wife, Irene. Upon Dr. Flinn's retirement from medicine in the mid 1950s, he referred Frank Lloyd Wright to an associate, Dr. Donald K. Buffmire, who was subjected to probing questions during an exhaustive interview by Wright. Ultimately, Wright approved of Dr. Buffmire, stating "I like you because you're not ashamed to admit that you don't know everything."