In the game of cricket, the position of cover is located between point and mid-off, at around a 45 degree angle from the batter on the off side. Variations include:
- silly cover - located dangerously close to the batter
- short cover - located closer than usual to the batter
- deep cover - located further than usual from the batter, perhaps on the boundary
- cover point - located between cover and point
- extra cover - located between cover and mid-off
Cover is tradionally filled by the best ground fielder in the team. It requires a fast mobile player who is capable of covering a wide area, and has a good throwing arm.
Cover is sometimes referred to as "the covers".