Polarboy is a band that I came across by a fluke. I had ordered several cd's from my cd club and somehow theirs ended up in my bunch by mistake. Lazy as I am, I did not want to mess with returning it, so I thought I would listen to it. From the first line of the first song I was hooked. They have such a unique sound and very intelligent lyrics. I was blown away...oh, they also happen to be a Christian band.

Here's some bio on the boys: Pol Buckingham (vocals/guitar), Joe Nawrocki (lead guitar) and Rob Wilson (bass) met at Lexington Bible College in Kentucky. They started a simple praise band for the college and played various college functions. Then they met up with Matt Loftis (drums) and formed the current band. Their first album "Back From Nowhere" was nominated for several Dove Awards (the Christian version of the Grammy). Their sophomore album, "4008" was release last fall, and is just as good, if not better, than their first one.

I have seen these guys in concert and they absolutely took my breath away. They did a cover of the U2 song "With or Without You" (mind you this was a concert at my church...in smalltown, AR...they probably weren't as appreciated as they deserved to be). It was amazing. If you ever get a chance, check them out...you'll be glad you did.

www.polarboy.net