Oh, how I love Lebanese food
. Now there's a culture
that knows how to treat its vegetarians
Categories: Salads, Lebanese
Yield: 3 bunches
- Wash parsley well, drain and shake out excess moisture.
- Soak crushed wheat in water in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes.
Drain well. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
- Remove stems from parsley and discard. Chop parsley very fine (3
bunches should equal about 5 cups). Add to wheat.
- Chop onions fine and add to mixture along with remaining
- If not served immediately, do not add tomatoes and onions until
just before serving. Toss well.
- Serve with Romaine lettuce leaves. Tear leaves into bite sized
pieces and use to scoup up salad for eating.