- Start your rice
- Cut the broccoli, cauliflower, and bell pepper into bite sized pieces.
- Dice the chicken.
- Mix cornstarch and 4 tbsp of water
- On high heat, warm your wok and pour in the canola oil, allow the oil to heat until it appears to be moving on its own
- Add the onions to the wok and stir until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat with flavoured oil
- Add cauliflower and do the same as the previous step. Then add the green pepper and repeat again.
- Push the contents of the wok to the edge and brown the chicken in the middle of the wok
- Stir everything together, add oyster sauce, mix, and pour the remaining 2 tbsp of water around the edge of the wok. Cover and let cook until steam rises from the edge of the lid.
- Push contents to the edge of the wok again, gradually add cornstarch mixture until you have the desired quantity of sauce. When the liquid starts to bubble stir it around, then add the cashews and mix everything together
- Serve over rice
For advice on stir frying see Wok With Chan, Cooking Wisdom from Three Generations