As I slowly adjusted my eyes to the bright light in the room, trying to focus my thoughts and simultaneously get rid of the throbbing pain in the back of my head, I knew that something wasnt right. A quick look back at the alarm-clock only served to alleviate my fear. It was 11.30 in the morning, I had missed all my morning classes.

I have overslept before but never on a day that I have morning classes. What is rather disturbing is the fact that this deep sleep was induced by a rather long marijuana smoking session that lasted well into the night. The only thing that I do recollect now is me stumbling back into my room and managing to turn on the alarm before I hit the sack. But wait, another quick look back later and I know that I had conjured up the part about switching the alarm on, an activity that has almost become a ritual ever since I joined college.

So just when did these smoke sessions turn from a great way to unwind after a hectic day to an addiction that is now slowly taking its hold on me. It seems that now I need a joint every alternate night. There is enough to keep me occupied during the daytime but it is only at night when I suddenly find myself free that these urges kick in. I have been an on-off cigarette smoker for the last couple of years but since I joined college not a day goes by without atleast 5 smokes. This coupled with the marijuana is taking its toll on me, both physically and mentally. I convince myself every time I light up that I could give up smoking anytime so what's the harm. After all I do have it under control, dont I?

Seems to me that I am hiding from the truth once again....

Also, after what seems an eternity I used Yahoo instead of Google for a general search. Life has just not been the same ever since the advent of Google, GMail and Google Scholar.