Women can be hardcore? Fuck ya they can. Pick up a copy of one of Tilt's albums and listen to Cinder Block rock harder than most guys. Cinder had been involved with bands for most of her life and then in 1992 formed Tilt with Jeffery Bischoff on guitar, Pete Rypins on bass, and J. Vincent Camacho on drums.

In 1993 the band released their first album Play Cell on Lookout! Records. In 1995 the band changed labels to Fat Wreck Chords and released 'Til It Kills. In 1996 the band broke up, but this didn't last long and the band got back together with a new bassist, Jimi Cheetah from Screw32. In 1998 they released Collect 'Em All which is a reference to Cinder and Jeffrey's extensive toy collection.

In 1999 Tilt released Viewers Like You. A fantastic punk album. Actually this is the only album of theirs that I have but I really love it. I was amazed by the songs. It is great to hear some songs about women from a women's point of view like Annie Segall and Die of Shame. Yet my favorite songs are the ones that tackle atypical topics for women like Animated Corpse or War Room. The whole album is great and it flows really well.

I have not heard of the band doing much since the last album. That is probably because Cinder has a budding merchandise business that provides web stores and merch for a lot of bands including Weezer, Less Than Jake, AFI, Green Day, and many more. They are also doing the merch for Warped Tour.

albums:
Play Cell -- Lookout! Records (1993)
'Til It Kills -- Fat Wreck Chords (1995)
Collect 'Em All -- Fat Wreck Chords (1998)
Viewers Like You -- Fat Wreck Chords (1999)
Cinder Block is one sexy bitch.
-- impishlaugh