The most widely-read newspaper in which Liberty Meadows appeared was the Washington Post, which followed pretty naturally from it starting out at Maryland. The Post tried to axe it at several points, but dedicated LM fans protested and managed to keep it at the bottom of the third comics page.

Liberty Meadows itself is an animal treatment center of sorts. Frank is a veterinarian there, and Brandy is a therapist. Brandy also has a friend, Jen, who works at NASA Greenbelt, who is a blonde with an even more stunning figure than Brandy, if that's possible. Frank Cho himself appears in the strip as a crazed monkey -- some of the best strips actually revolve around him and the artistic process, rather than the characters themselves.

The strip also includes plenty of references to Washington-area sports, particularly the Washington Redskins. Dean the male chauvinist pig and former fraternity mascot currently in Liberty Meadows for detox, reacted quite memorably to reading the news that former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Deion Sanders signed with the Skins, screaming/crying "There is no God!"


Update 4 January 2002: as of 31 December 2001, Liberty Meadows has moved to comic book publication only, and will no longer be published in newspapers. Some reasons given by Cho include the pressures of daily publication and need to spend more time with his wife and upcoming newborn, as well as frustration with editors that, to paraphrase Cho, want to bring the entire comics page down to a 5-year-old's level.