user since
Mon Dec 2 2002 at 17:06:38 (21.6 years ago )
last seen
Sat Jan 4 2003 at 23:30:18 (21.5 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
specialties
magic, divination, herbs, ethnobotany, gardening, genealogy
motto
Ab fonte
Send private message to Springlet

I, Springlet, am female and not married. I work teaching English as a second language to Central Americans who have settled here in Maryland. Much of my life has been spent in many schools studying a variety of subjects. I studied in Central America for a few years, back in the 80s. Last year I visited Hungary and Romania.

I've been learning about ethnobotany, herbs and their medicinal uses for a long time, and I have a lot of interesting plants growing in and around my home.

I'm deeply interested in what magic is, and I find the I Ching to be an especially valuable form of divination.

Until any grand authority of Everything informs me otherwise, I'll assume I can at least mention the URL of my webpage: www.luchnos.com -- always under construction, of course.

Oh yeah! Among other things, I'm a huge fan of the work of Ursula K. LeGuin. The writeup on her that lists her works is excellent, but it left out something pretty crucial: the terrific Tales of Earthsea, which begins with "The Finder," one of the most powerful pieces of writing she's ever done. In fact I urge everyone to run out and read it! ;-)