Keeping your data from the FBI
After the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the FBI been given more
or less free access to spying around, if you are suspected of being a terrorist,
or having any affiliate whatsoever with terrorism. (Aaah.. Haje uses the
same computer network (the Internet) as terrorists. That means we can search
Because of this, here are some guidelines to keeping your data files safe from
- Invent your own language, and write all your letters and data in
this language. Make sure nobody else knows this language, and make sure you
don't keep notes about it. Also make sure that, if it has to be based
on another language, base it on a Uralic language (instead of a Germanic,
Slavic, Baltic or Hellenic language)
- ROT-13 encode all your messages. Make sure you do this manually
- you never know what kind of logging routine Microsoft has built into Windows
- sdrawkcaB etirW
- Write your text document in Notepad, (ROT-13 rotated, backwards
and in your new language) which doesn't keep those pesky temporary files
- PGP encrypt all your file. Do it three times, with different keys,
just to be sure.
- Compress your file, using WinZip, or whatever other program you
fancy. Remember to add a nice password to the ZIP file.
- Split your files into several segments (say about 50)
- Duplicate the files (so you get double the number of files, 100 in
our case) and rename all the file numbers, just to confuse them, you know!
Remember which 50 are needed, and which 50 are useless duplicates. Also, remember
the correct order of the files. Also: if you omit as much as a single character
in the files, your PGP encryption won't decrypt.
- Compress your files. Again. (use a new password)
- PGP encrypt your file. Again.(use a new password)
- Write your file to a 5¼ inch floppy disk (or even a 8"
- Destruct the computer you used to make the files.
- Take it apart completely
- Cut all the electric wires you can find
- Break all circuit boards
- Bend all connectors.
- open the hard drive
- With a hard tool (preferrably a diamond) scratch the hard drive platters
as much as you can. Even better: sandblast the platters. It should
look like frosted glass by the time you are finished
- demagnitize the harddrives completely
- Set it all on fire
- Put the floppy in a waterproof safe, and drop it over the Aegean
Sea (or some other ocean nobody has heard about) preferrably
from an inconspicious-looking cessna
See how easy that was?
(you could of course just use PGP, but that would be rather boring,
(...and yes I made this WU up myself. It is not a cut'n'paste job)