How To Blow Bubbles
Not a comprehensive guide.
A few simple steps for those learning how to blow bubbles.
- First you need some bubblegum. Normally one piece is enough to blow a good bubble. Sometimes two. Considering you are just a beginner, stick with that amount. Chew it up really well to make it nice and elastic. This should take 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, using your tongue, make the now elastic bubblegum into a ball in your mouth. (Just roughtly circular, it doesn't have to be perfect.)
- Flatten the bubblegum ball against the roof of your mouth (using your tongue again. Most of bubble blowing technique involves your tongue.)
- Slide the flat bubblegum down so it rests behind your teeth (it is about to get tricky now!...)
- Slowly open your teeth and stick your tongue through the piece of bubble gum. Keep your mouth just open enough so your tongue scrapes on your teeth. That way, your teeth hold back part of the bubble gum so you can blow without it flying across the room.
- With puckered lips, quickly move your tongue out of the bubblegum while softly exhaling (I know it is a lot to ask at once, but that is what you have to do.) Your teeth should have held onto the outside of the bubblegum, and the indent made by your tongue should expand into a bubble. Remember not to blow to hard (you will break the bubble).
- Practice. No one gets it right the first time.
- One you get it you have two options:
- Suck the bubble back into your mouth and blow another or
- Close your mouth, sealing off the bubble, and go show someone.