The stars might have been aligned in horrible ways yesterday, as my day was similar.

It started out fine (half an hour late, but fine). A full tank of gas, the open road, enough '80's music to make just about anyone happy. And then I got to the two lane part of my journey. Now, there are a number of ways to get to Minneapolis from Iowa, and it just so happens that the fastest way between Iowa City and Minneapolis is 63 to Rochester and then 52 the rest of the way up. 63 is two lanes, surrounded by nothing but open fields (or lakes, as the case was yesterday.) Being surrounded by open fields on a day that had wind gusts up to 70 miles per hour is bad. I was pretty close (65-70?) to the posted 55 the whole way to Rochester.

So, I got to Minneapolis at about one, and proceeded to go the museum. I drove past the museum, oh look, there it is on the left. It took me about half an hour to get back to the museum, this somehow involved 494 and 35. whatever, it worked. 1:30ish, I bounded into the museum in search of geeks. No geeks, anywhere. I looked. But, I got to see the yes ladder thing by Yoko Ono and a GIGANTIC spoon, and really what more could you ask for?

Now, I had planned on finding people at the museum, so stupidly had not brought along oh, say even the name of the resturant. No problem, there are phone books. And people who know the city. But no, fate did not have dining with other people in store for me. For some reason, the directions I was given involved going the wrong way down a one way. All I really remember after that is that when I saw the sign that said, "To 35W," I followed it and never looked back. At some point I called my roommate, who coaxed me home with the promise that, if I make it there before 10, I'd still be able to make it to the bars. Magic.

Allegedly, I'll be in Chicago at the end of this month, and I'll gladly meet anyone there, its ten times less confusing for me.