The Lonesome Death of Jordy Varrill, the second short in Creepshow, is based on The Colur Out of Space. (Actually, now that I come to think of it, a lot of Creepshow shows Lovecraftian influences. Each story was written by Stephen King, so no surprise there.)

A bumbling farmer (Jordy) discovers that a meteor has crashed on his property. While he stares at it, thinking of all the prestige of discovering an intact meteor, it cracks open and disgorges a luminescent substance (which Jordy calls "meteor shit") onto the ground. Thinking that the University profs would just laugh at him for bringing them a busted meteor, he gives up on the meteor and goes inside. Of course, being a total nunkhead, he manages to get some of the meteor shit on his hands!

For the next several hours, we see the foliage around the meteor start to grow exponentially. Before long, the area around the meteor (and the nearby farmhouse where Jordy lives alone) are completely taken over by wierd plants. Meanwhile, Jordy seems to have developed a patch of green on his fingers, undoubtedly from touching the meteor shit. Unaware, he proceeds to scratch himself in various places, spreading the green stuff.

Eventually, the foliage from outside shows up in the living room, and Jordy realizes that he has grass growing on himself. He goes into the bathroom and looks into the mirror, where an image of his dead father berates him for being stupid. He draws a bath and climbs in, fully clothed.

Some time passes, and Jordy is now covered head-to-toe in green stuff. Hoping that he can be lucky just this once, he blows his head off with a shotgun. Cut to the outside, where the strange vegetation is slowly taking over more and more land surrounding the farm...