- ...was born in Germany, and is proud of it.
- ...grew up in Sweden, and is a citizen thereof.
- ...lives in Finland, which is a very nice country too.
- ...doesn't run Linux. (Yet - just gimme a sec, willya! :-)
- ...knows and uses M$ Windows, as a "power user" and programmer.
- ...Used to root for Borland -- oops, Inprise -- whoops, it's Borland again!(Update 2010: Oh well, now only the Inprise-y bits remain, albeit under the original name) -- they
makemade great stuff. (2010: Which now lives on at Embarcadero)
- ...thinks the greatest stuff of all is Delphi and its Object Pascal. (2010: As per the above -- Embarcadero)
Here's an old node (copied from Node Heaven) I created on 2000-07-23 03:40:43, as "regret it in the morning (thing)":
Things you will regret in the morning: Take a girl home with you, when you've drunk so much and slept so little that you won't even be much of a one-night stand.Turns out I didn't blow it as badly as I thought back then: Yesterday was our son's seventh birthday, and we've been married since 2007.
Especially if your place is such a mess that you'll look like a slob to her. (That is, "...that she'll find out what a slob you are".)
ESPECIALLY if she was so damn nice you think you might have wanted something more lasting; if you were trying to get her for a girlfriend.
No, no, why ever would you think I'm speaking from recent bitter experience...