Actually, there is no "resolution" per se with regard to human eyesight, as the world is not generated (or viewed) as a raster.

The universe is built using vectors. The best analogy to use would be "real-time vectoring" as you can move anywhere, and your brain is constantly recalculating your position so:

  1. You don't fall over (lose orientation) when you move
  2. You don't bump into anything

The laws of physics determine how things work, how they're constructed, and how they behave in the world. This includes movement, stability, cohesion, and all that jazz. A can of Lysol consists of the same angles and dimensions no matter where it is or from what angle it is being viewed. That's why you are able to pick up that can and read the small print on the back by bringing it closer to your eyes. The vectors aren't changing; our eyes are just adjusting to the new orientation.

Now if you were to take that can of Lysol and throw it across the room, it's up to the laws of physics to calculate the changes in its movement. And physics, of course, is vector-based. When the can lands, you won't be able to read the text anymore, as the vectors have seemingly muddled together due to them being too far away on which to focus. The can is visually smaller, too. Conversely, when the can is too close, our eye muscles cannot exceed their limit on focusing. Thus, it becomes blurry.

The information hitting our eyes is limited only by c, then slows even further while our brains recalculate the new information. Therefore, I'd be more interested in the refresh rate of our eyesight. That is, how many times per second the brain can possibly resample our field of vision to pick up, and comprehend movement.