A lighting fixture used in theaters that is frequently a scoop, PAR, or other wide-field-angle instrument, which is hung over the stage to facilitate work. They are generally not used to light the production itself. This type of light is to facilitate the building of the sets and other work done behind the scenes.

General household lights and lighting in stores and other public buildings can also be called work light.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.