user since
Fri Mar 24 2000 at 01:43:00 (24.1 years ago )
last seen
Tue Aug 29 2000 at 18:54:48 (23.6 years ago )
number of write-ups
1 - View e1ven's writeups (feed)
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 14
mission drive within everything
Achieve the level of Archivist
specialties
Linux, Streaming Media, Anime, Always, ALWAYS being right (or at least saying loudly)
school/company
CHS/AVID
most recent writeup
AVID Technology, Inc
Send private message to e1ven

Colin Davis is a Computer Science Student who lives in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Also an intern at AVID Technology, Inc. Colin has gained an interest and insight into streaming media and video presentations.
A medium-term Linux user, Colin has been watching and using Linux since 1998. He has also participated in such failed projects as Freedows and Allos. Currently he uses Gnome
Colin Davis is also a fan of Anime, his favorites being Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, and Ranma 1/2.
After re-reading the Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the umpteenth time, some obscure part of his brain twitched, and everything became clear. Well, he thought of Everything, which he had read about on his favorite website Slashdot

Colin is also the co-founder of the language substitution code Convis Numericode.

Colin's Rules of Life are:

1)- You don't shit where you eat. This is meant figurativly as well as literaly. Figurativly, you do not screw up things that are importaint to you. Example, If you get a new job, do _not_ verbally attack the boss. Literally, Well.... Sanitation is good....

2) - You don't Screw with your friends. Again the dual meaning is so very, very, clever. Literally, having sexual relations with those friends of the opposite gender you may be so lucky to have (or the same gender!), is a good way to distroy boundries and end up with hurt feelings all around. If that is something you desire, go ahead and toss away a lifetime relationship for what would most likely be mediocre sex. Figurativly, we can use rule 1 to conclude that friends are bad to mess up, and therefore are importaint to you. As such, you should try to keep them as friends, and not exploit them more then necessary for your amusement.

3) Sticking Feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken. Do not try to be something you are not, you will just look like an idiot. Examples would be paly white folks walking around in the ghetto's saying things like "Yo, Yo, Wazzup, fo?" or "Yea Yea, funk that. B*tch!". Ultimetly you will find yourself either beaten to near death (if you are a very lucky one indeed.).