In film terms, a light bounced off a surface to give a larger light source and thereby softer shadows. The surface can be a wall or ceiling, or a white board. The softer shadowed light is used as fill, to lighten shadows and diminish contrasts.

See also Key light, broad light.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.