Each item on this list is worth a certain number of points. Some of the items describe actions to be performed, some require that a certain event, person, or object be proven to exist or be possible
. Points will be awarded if sufficient proof is given that the action has been performed or that the event/person/object exists or could exist, as applicable. Especially clever proof
s will be awarded bonus points.
- Go for one week without using the word "should." -- 10 points.
- Go for one week without using the word "I" -- 20 points.
- Go for one week without using any form of the verb "to be." -- 50 points.
(the above three items require that you carry on with a reasonably normal life, involving at least some conversation -- ie no meditation retreats.)
- Write a three page short story or essay using only the subjunctive mood -- 30 points.
- Rise above yourself -- 35 points
- Find criteria and evidence for the existence of a normal person. -- 100 points
- Find criteria and evidence for the passage, at any time in history, of a normal day. -- 100 points.
- For exactly three seconds -- no more, no less -- be stationary with respect to the center of the universe -- 50 points.
- Conclusively prove or disprove the existence of God without using any form of human language. (Sign language is not allowed, but gestures, paintings, sculptures, and actions, are allowed.) -- 80 points.
- Fuck yourself -- 40 points.
- Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth -- 75 points.
- Acheive 100 or fewer points on this scavenger hunt -- 101 points.
More to come, suggestions and additions are welcome.
Sources and inspiration for some of the items on this list come from: Robert Anton Wilson, Alan Watts, Alfred Korzybski.