Squil"gee (?), n.

Formerly, a small swab for drying a vessel's deck; now, a kind of scraper having a blade or edge of rubber or of leather, -- used for removing superfluous, water or other liquids, as from a vessel's deck after washing, from window panes, photographer's plates, etc. [Written also squillgee, squillagee, squeegee.]


© Webster 1913

Squil"gee (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Squilgeed (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Squilgeeing.]

To swab, press, or treat with a squilgee; as, to squilgee a vessel's deck.


© Webster 1913

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.