In Futurama, Roberto is an insane criminal robot and acquaintance of Bender. His violence and general neuroticism may well stem from his early relationship with his mother (even though robots don't have mothers) - retreating terrified from what he thought was a battle droid (actually Philip Fry, who he refers to as "Red"), he wailed "S-Somebody help me! Mommy! I'm sorry I spilled the transmission fluid, Mommy! No, no, don't weld me to the wall, Mommy!" Another possible reason for his mental problems is the fact that his head is shaped like a skateboard.

In the episode "Insane in the Mainframe", he impulsively held up New New York's Big Apple Bank while Fry and Bender were also in the building. On receiving the money he thrust some into their arms and escaped with the rest; Fry and Bender were arrested and sent to the robot insane asylum.

Roberto soon wound up there too after attempting to rob the same bank again, and he and Bender made a getaway; Fry (a human) was later deemed sane, and released from the institution, after he admitted he really was a robot.

Roberto then decided to hold up the Big Apple Bank for a third time, and was chased by the police into the Planet Express headquarters, where he held them all hostage. However he became convinced that Fry was a battle droid, leapt in terror through the window, and almost destroyed himself.

In his own words...

"Geez, I've seen lines move faster in a sperm bank..."

(Intimidating Fry into not giving evidence against him) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs!"

(In asylum cell with Fry) "Now stand back, I gotta practice my stabbing."

"I'm not crazy, don't call me crazy! I'm just not user-friendly!"

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.