Shamelessly lifted from a fortune database, with a few changes to reference other E2 wus.
The composition of proofs by oddity is a passtime enjoyable to both mathematicians and linguists, although the peculiar hybrids often found pursuing advanced degrees in computer science tend to be particularly adept.
SAMPLE: To prove that horses have an infinite number of legs.
- Horses have an even number of legs.
- They have two legs in back and fore legs in front.
- This makes a total of six legs, which certainly is an odd number of legs for a horse.
- But the only number that is both odd and even is infinity.
- Therefore, horses must have an infinite number of legs.
See also related proofs that:
And the famous computer science
And other famous proof forms: