Just recently, I stumbled on this recipe from my early childhood. My sister made it for some dessert contest and won first prize
Although Oreo dessert is perfect for summertime, it is yummy year-round. I don't think there is a time of year when Oreo cookies aren't yummy, but of course that's just my opinion.
Ingredients required for Oreo dessert
- 22 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 stick of butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 1 small can of evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup of corn syrup
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 gallon of softened vanilla ice cream
- Crush the Oreos and mix them with the 3/4 stick of melted butter. Press the results into the bottom of a 13"X 9" pan.
- Spoon the vanilla ice cream on top of the crust.
- Combine 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup cocoa in saucepan.
- Blend milk and corn syrup into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil, then stir for one more minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of butter and teaspoon of vanilla.
- Pour and spread the contents of saucepan over the vanilla ice cream.
- Place the dessert in the freezer to allow the ice cream to harden.
- Eat the dessert in the closet, unless you like to share.