What a day. I called in sick the past two days because I felt like I needed the time off. I'm still sick, whether it's a cold, allergies, or a bug I picked up along the way remains to be seen. Although I felt bad about calling in, I didn't feel terrible because my boss is gone and the orders she normally does wouldn't be coming in to be unpacked. I arrived at work early and had a mug of tea which is my routine when I drop my daughter off at school. Had I known what was waiting for I might have punched in early, but maybe I would have realized I needed that break. I walked in and saw a stack of boxes sitting on a cart that were piled higher than my head. Nobody had unpacked a single thing since I left Saturday afternoon, but there were plenty of notes about this, that, and the other thing.

I don't know what kind of a person goes to a general manager and asks to get out of doing the job that they were hired to do. As a result of nobody unpacking anything it was a complete zoo at work. Some people are so good at getting out of work it amazes me. I thought the former assistant manager would have to help us considering the mass quantities of inventory we had to unpack. I was wrong. She spent all day working on two things. An order I mostly unpacked, and a new order that apparently my boss had asked her to place. She has the art of doing absolutely nothing while looking extremely busy down to an art. Between us running around like chickens with our heads cut off, the disorganized mess, and the half empty shelves, we lost a bundle today. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about.

On a more positive note I was able to return some car parts I had purchased for the vehicle I no longer own. I thought I'd get a store credit, but actual cash went back on my card. Hooray for computer systems that track consumer purchases. Another thing that has made my life easier is discovering that we carry gluten free ramen noodles at work. They're not as cheap as the original product, they're organic, and they're really nice to throw into boiling water when you want a quick starch. I throw away the little seasoning packets, add veggies, protein, and salt. While far from a gourmet offering it's quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive. I overcooked my beef roast, but we're still eating it which is a blessing in my book.

I was happy to be back at work doing my thing today. The old expression about the mice playing while the cat is away was illustrated in our department when I came in and saw that people had put notes on special order tags and sale signs. I'm not sure how to help you if you can't match a product up to an order or put a sale sign out by the appropriate product. The former assistant manager tried to dress me down, I was having none of it. I walked away while she was still talking to me after I said I wasn't sure why she was asking me what needed to be done with the special order forms and sales tags. Her propensity for high drama is tiring to say the least.

Decluttering update - I dropped off a load at Goodwill and had the girls take more things out to the car. I know I'm getting rid of things I love and will miss. I also know that it's just stuff and less of it will make my life simpler. It's amazing how piggish my girls can be. The counters are littered with dishes, clean and dirty, food that has yet to be put away, and various vitamins/supplements. There's also a stack of mail, receipts, and probably some junk. The system I have is not working. I'm not sure what to do or where I can go with some of these things, I suspect I'll have to really crack down to streamline my paperwork. This elaborate multi calendar system isn't cutting it. 

Yesterday I read a quote that says you have to work hard for the life you want or you'll spend a lot of time with the life you don't. I did some ankle and wrist rolls before I got out of bed this morning. I tried being grateful for my increased health, a job, the health I have, the weight I've lost from being ill and more active, and I want to continue to commit to better health and emotional and physical wellness. I need to read my Bible more. That always helps. Yesterday my sister called, that was nice. I find myself drawing away from gatherings and large crowds because of my anxiety and disinterest. I'm going to talk to my therapist when I go in next. Probably some of that is okay, but I'm missing out on things I want and need to do.

Praying this finds you well,

J

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.