Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen is a particular flavor of Maruchan Ramen noodle soup. For additional information on Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen, see the Maruchan Ramen node. Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen is available in a distinctive red-orange colored package.

Besides the noodle ingredients, Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen contains salt, monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed corn and soy protein, lactose, sugar, onions, garlic, spices, powdered cooked chicken, cabbage extract, turmeric, disodium inosinate, and disodium guanylate.

As Maruchan Ramen flavors go, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best flavor, Chicken Flavor would rate a 6/10.

Nutrition Facts

Maruchan Chicken Flavor Ramen has the following nutritional content (this content is adjusted from what is listed on the package; the following is relevant for a whole package; percentages are based on the USDA's Recommended Daily Allowances guidelines):

Total Fat           16 g   24%
 Saturated Fat       8 g   40%
Cholesterol          0 mg   0%
Sodium            1560 mg  66%
Total Carbohydrate  52 g   18%
 Dietary Fiber       2 g    8%
 Sugar          app. 1 g   
Protein              5 g   

This product also contains 16% of the RDA of iron.

Recipes

Spicy Chicken Ramen

Chop some celery into small pieces and add to boiling water 1 minute before adding noodles. Prepare a package as normal. When finished, add two drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce (one drop if preparing a half-package) and stir vigorously. You will need to evenly distribute the sauce if at all possible. Although this recipe works with other ramen varieties, it is particularly good with Chicken Flavor.

Broth Ramen

This is a good way to use some leftover chicken broth if you have some from the preparation of another dish. Prepare as normal, then drain half of the liquid at the end of cooking. Add 1 cup of chicken broth, as pure broth with the noodles is very potent. If you wish, you can use a higher proportion of broth to water, but I find that half and half works very well. Small pieces of boiled chicken, if you have any, are also fantastically delicious.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.