Lithic Walkthrough Part 4<------------> Lithic Walkthrough Part 6

This is related.


10. The Crashed Spaceship

Rest easy. You’ve lost the moreans for now. Travel along the western mountain ridge. The path will narrow as the mountains close around you and you’ll come to a place with a small mountain stream split by a spire of rock. Head to the right to collect some shards.

There are several zombie soldiers here. They have limited firepower so be prepared to avoid small arms fire.

Kill them and continue until you get to The Debris Field. This area is heavily damaged by the Crashed Spaceship which you can see at the end of the ravine. It is huge, but is only noticeable from straight on. There has been some attempt at camouflaging it from above.

Approach carefully, there is a zombie commanded Abrams tank here and it is a very tough enemy. While it is possible to defeat, it is more prudent to go around and avoid its attention. The Abrams can fire its shells through trees and getting close is a no-go because of its machine guns.

If you can defeat it you can find an Aspect of Darkness.

Using this Aspect is problematic because while it will boost your attacks to 200% it will also call down a horde of Shadow People to wherever you are. These demons are resistant to all forms of physical damage and can raise dead zombies.

Get past the tank, and enter the vestibule. The front door of the spaceship is smashed in.

The spaceship is of alien design. Most of the ground floor is beyond repair.

ADJUNCT

Powerful magical signature detected. Priority. Infiltrate, download all information possible. Priority.

IMI

What’s wrong with you? Priority? Clarify.

ADJUNCT

Enemy AI detected. Priority one. Insularity precepts do not exclude you from this mission.

IMI

I don’t understand.

ADJUNCT

I have a priority function built in. All immortals must comply. Take me to the enemy AI so I may download its information.

IMI (worried)

All right…

The ship has four levels. It is possible to lay golden seals in the top two levels, but if you try to do so in the lower levels, the ship’s security will vaporize them. The top part of the ship is infested with Wicker Sprites, a stronger type of Wood Nymph. Kill any you find for shards and watch for the few isolated Metal Horses.

The lower levels of the ship still have power and are broken up by traps and robots. The two main types of robots are the Sentinels, heavy, slow moving turtle like robots. Destroy them at a distance as they are extremely dangerous up close. The other type is the Guardian Robot. These are some of the hardest enemies in the game. They are very mobile, and small, resembling spiders. They have a change beam that can drain your shield in seconds and have both a nasty midrange laser attack and a deadly melee takedown. Both types of robots are weak to Spark, but hitting the Guardians will be challenging.

Proceed past the smashed console to the main chamber. Descend the elevator shaft and follow the damaged cables into the hall. There is a small pool at the end which can act as an amplifier for Spark if you can lead enemies into it.

Take a right at the pool and head up the stairs to the Communication Hub. The Hub is damaged beyond repair. You’ll meet the first Sentinel here. Destroy it for a glyph.

A door will open down to Floor 2. Fight your way past the spirit enemies until you reach a T-junction. You’ll trigger a holographic message, but it will be too scrambled to understand.

Two Sentinels block your way to the left (the right leads to a destroyed engine room and a lot of shards). Destroy them and find your way to the Weapon Bay. Spark the trigger and blow the bay up. Respawn at your last Seal and head back to the bay.

Drop down the hole into Floor 3. Be prepared to fight the Guardian Robots here. After defeating both, continue into the Archive. There are several Sentinels. Once destroyed you can view the logs at your leisure.

Most are unintelligible alien gibberish, but after each one the Adjunct will announce she has downloaded the information.

Once you have looked at the logs, you may exit the room out the back.

ADJUNCT

Collating and transmitting.

IMI

Translating? To where?!

ADJUNCT

Classified.

IMI

Stop it!

ADJUNCT

Unable to comply.

IMI

Great.

The hall twists around to the top of a large Computer Core. You can’t jump down to the main console because the area is glassed off. There’s only one Guardian Robot here, but you can see three more in the computer core itself.

Continue along the hall until you get to a service panel. Destroy it and enter the hole. Once inside, follow the blinking lights to the Signatory Hall.

A huge statue of a morean dominated the room. There are lots of shards to collect here. The junk on the floor provides a bit of a hazard and if you spend more than three minutes in the room, a panel will open to drop a Guardian Robot with a shield. The robot will be a hard fight, but it will relinquish a glyph once defeated.

Collect all the shards and follow the blinking light down into Floor 4.

Fight off the two Sentinels that try to ambush you and prepare for the next room where there are three Sentinels and one Guardian. Defeat them to continue on to the Computer Core.

Three Guardians will attack and once destroyed you may access the main console.

ALIEN AI

You are (bbbzzzz)e Enemy.

IMI

I don’t know what you are talking about.

AI

An Immortal from in-between worlds. A monster from who my masters ran. Are you…. Not?

IMI

I’m just a girl. I woke up in a prison and they tortured me! How can I be your enemy if I don’t even know who you are?

AI

You were likely sent here to destroy me. To (bzzz)spodes our final hiding place. Yet, we are all dead. The polluted ones broke in and took my masters.

IMI

You mean the zombies?

ADJUNCT

Preparing to interface.

AI

You bare hostile magic. I cannot allow it to access my data.

ADJUNCT

ACCESSING.

AI

Self destruct armed. You have three minutes.

IMI

Will that hurt me?

AI

You will be ripped apart. Resurrection will take, ha, time.

IMI

Shit.

You need to get away from the ship. Fortunately, you can follow an escape hatch near the south wall. It will lead to a chute which drops you in the forest. Run as fast as you can away from the ship. It will detonate and level the trees and also the mountain.

You will be thrown to the ground.

ADJUNCT

Connection terminated.

IMI (getting up)

Serves you right.

A morean will drop down in front of you. It is Akixon, the “Sniffer” morean.

AKIXON

You would even destroy our tombs. Is there no perversity your kind will not stoop to?

IMI

Stay away! I’m warning you!

AKIXON

A fresh immortal like you can do nothing to me. You’re going back in your box and you’ll stay there and help us figure out how to slay your kind.

IMI

I’m not going back.

AKIXON

Then you’ll have to kill me for your freedom.

HELIDE (via Akixon’s wrist com)

We have an incoming teleport.

Akixon snarls at the com.

AKIXON

Damn. Let’s make this fast, little girl.

Akixon is a very hard enemy. His primary attack is an energy cannon. Unfortunately, it isn’t a spell so you can’t copy it. He is also shielded. The best spell here is Moonlight as it can pierce his shield at close enough range, draining it at a slight bonus.

Stay away from him. He can fly and will often use a short hop to rush you. The cannon will stun you, not kill you, which is bad because getting caught at all will end the game. Hit him at a distance, and hide behind whatever trees are still standing.

When his shield is at fifteen percent, he will start spraying cannon bursts in a random pattern in your general direction. Keep hitting him until his shield pops.

AKIXON

Damn. I’m out of time, but don’t worry we’ll finish it la--

He cuts off in a gurgle.

RACHEKC (off screen)

We’ll finish it now.

Rachekc will walk on with her hand out stretched. (Imi will gain Telekinesis in her spell catalogue.) Akixon paws at his throat.

AKIXON

Please!

She closes her fist and the morean goes limp. She makes a tossing motion and the morean is thrown out of frame.

RACHEKC

Good work… ah.

She looks Imi up and down.

RACHEKC

Who are you?

IMI

Imi. You’re another immortal!

RACHEKC (dismissively)

Anybody can be a common immortal. I’m one of the Great Emeric Lords. You should know this.

IMI

I don’t know anything! I just know those monsters are chasing me! They had me locked up, but I escaped and they want me back.

RACHEKC

Monsters? You mean, the (she gestures at the dead body of Akixon) moreans? How could they keep one of us locked up?

IMI

He said they wanted to experiment on me. They want to find a way to kill us.

RACHEKC

Hmmm. You do look a bit fresh. There hasn’t been a new immortal in a thousand years. If they can manufacture one… well, that’s very disturbing.

She considers.

RACHEKC

I can’t let them have you. I’ll have to teach you how to defend yourself. I’m Rachekc. The name means something like “fire mark”.

IMI

Imi. It’s short for “the Imitator,” I think.

RACHEKC

Nice to meet you. Let’s find a clearing. Or do you need rest?

IMI

I’m good. Won’t they attack…

RACHEKC

If they do they’re dead! We won’t see any more of them.

She laughs. The laughter is ominous, as if she finds killing a bit fun.


Lithic Walkthrough Part 4<------------> Lithic Walkthrough Part 6

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.