Another great desert
(well I think so anyway).
Hazelnut Bars (Noel Bars)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cpu +2 tbs brown sugar - packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut in bits
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp double act baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coarsly chopped toasted hazelnuts
Whisk flour, brown sugar and salt, add butter. Blend mixture until it resembles meal. Press into bottom of 13x9x2" baking pan. Bake in middoe of 350 oven 12 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
Whisk together brown sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs and vanilla. Stir in hazel nuts. Pour topping evenly on the crust. Bake in middle of 350 oven 25-30 minutes or until golden
Cool completely in pan on a rack; cut into 12 bars.