Ellyse Perry. She's my age, and she plays cricket and soccer for Australia's national teams. I am impressed.

Born in November 1990, Perry was just 16 when she made her international women's cricket and soccer debuts, making her the youngest player of either gender to play for Australia's cricket team. She impressed further when she was awarded Player Of The Match in her international Twenty20 debut, scoring an unbeaten 29 from 25 balls, effecting a handy run-out, and taking four wickets in four overs, which set up a victory for the Aussies against England. Two weeks after her international cricket debut, she made her international soccer debut, scoring a goal in the Matildas' 8-1 victory against Hong Kong. Presently, she plays for the W-League's Central Coast Mariners, and the New South Wales Breakers, as well as both national sides. She plays as a defender and an all-rounder, bats right-handed, bowls right-arm fast-medium, and presumably kicks right-footed.

Numerous reports about her have focused on the fact that she someday must choose between soccer and cricket. Some go so far as to warn her coaches to ease the pressure off her so that she doesn't burn out1 2. At the moment, however, she still switches freely between the two, and is set to play in the Women's Cricket World Cup later this year.

Certainly a player to watch in the future3.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.