Coca Cola C2 is one of the latest products to cash in on the lowcarb fad. Coming to you after a year of R+D by Coca Cola, C2 has half the sugar, carbohydrates and calories of regular sodas.

The packaging for Coke C2 looks pretty much the same as regular Coke, although the C2 appears in a much more tech-ish font than the rest of the bottle, and the bottle's color scheme is predominantly red and black, as opposed to red and white for the regular Coke scheme. It's not very hard to distinguish which is Coke C2 and which is regular Coke, unlike its competitor, Pepsi Edge, which has a very similar color scheme to its full-bodied counterpart.

According to CarbWire, the pros and cons of C2 are (I haven't managed to get my paws on a can yet, but this sums it up well.)

Pros
  • Color and consistency is identical to Coca Cola Classic
  • Nearly zero aftertaste
  • If it wasn't directly compared to the original, it would be hard to tell the two apart
  • Much better than Diet Coke.

Cons
  • Limited availability (at this time)
  • Doesn't taste exactly like Coca-Cola Classic
  • Slightly less "kick" than Regular Coke

Nutritional InformationPer 8 fl. oz. (In a 20 oz bottle) ((In a 12 oz. can))

  • Fat - 0g (0g)
  • Calories - 45 (112.5) ((67.5))
  • Sodium - 30 mg (75 mg) ((45 mg))
  • Total Carb - 12g (30g) ((18g))
  • Sugars - 12g (30g)
  • Protein - 0g (0g) ((0g))

The effect is achieved by mixing sugar with Splenda to lower the amount of carbs in it.

Coke C2 is not advertised to people who are already drinking Diet Coke. Diet Coke has 0g of carbs, and so most drinkers would not be too wise to jump ship to a higher-carb drink. It's targeted at current drinkers of regular Coke, who don't like the taste of Diet Coke.

Source article: http://www.carbwire.com/2004/06/11/coke-c2-review

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.