408 MAIN AVE, NORTHPORT, AL 35476, (205) 758-9171

City Cafe is a good place to get a meal for less than five bucks (as of March 2002) in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It is located in downtown Northport, approximately three miles northwest of the University of Alabama Campus. City Cafe offers traditional meat-and-three (or four, depending on how much you're willing to pay) meals. Menus change daily. Tuesday and Thursday menus are similar, but not identical. Wednesday and Friday menus are also similar, but not identical. Tuesday and Thursday have achieved some renown as fried green tomato days, and Wednesday and Friday have acheived some renown as Barbequed Pork days. Almost everything that can be ordered at City Cafe is good, with the notable exception of the beef stew. The beef stew should be ordered only once, and then only as an excercise in learning why the beef stew should never be ordered.

Lines to get into City Cafe are usually very long, and a trip to City Cafe usually takes slightly more than 45 minutes. If you are in Tuscaloosa and you have an appointment in less than an hour and you have to decide where to eat, mark City Cafe off the list.

City Cafe is open from 4 a.m. until 3 p.m.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.