A merit badge
for Boy scouts
. This is not a required badge for Eagle
. Taken from meritbadge.com:
- Explain and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture.
- Do the following:
- Tell the story. How does it read on paper?
- Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (this can be with stick figures and rough
- Demonstrate SIX of the following motion picture shooting techniques.
- Using a tripod/monopod
- Panning the camera/following the action
- Lighting the subject
- Ensuring quality of light
- Handheld shooting
- Recording good sound
- Do ONE of the following, using techniques in planning a program for your troop or a
school. Start with a storyboard, and complete the requirement by presenting it to your
troop, patrol, or class.
- Film or videotape a court of honor and edit it to show a 10- to 15-minute highlight of
- Create a minifeature of your own design using the techniques you have learned.
- Film or videotape a vignette that could be used to teach a new Scout a Scouting skill.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Visit and watch how production work is done at a television station, production studio,
cable television station, or related operation.
- Explain to your counselor the basic parts of a motion picture camera or video camera and
how it operates.
- Explain the jobs related to film or video production: director, producer, audio
engineer, video engineer, crew support.