A merit badge for Boy scouts. This is not a required badge for Eagle. Taken from meritbadge.com:

  1. Explain and demonstrate the proper elements of a good motion picture.
  2. Do the following:
    1. Tell the story. How does it read on paper?
    2. Prepare a storyboard for your motion picture (this can be with stick figures and rough sketches.)
    3. Demonstrate SIX of the following motion picture shooting techniques.
      1. Using a tripod/monopod
      2. Panning the camera/following the action
      3. Framing
      4. Lighting the subject
      5. Ensuring quality of light
      6. Handheld shooting
      7. Recording good sound
      8. Editing
    4. Do ONE of the following, using techniques in planning a program for your troop or a school. Start with a storyboard, and complete the requirement by presenting it to your troop, patrol, or class.
      1. Film or videotape a court of honor and edit it to show a 10- to 15-minute highlight of the activity.
      2. Create a minifeature of your own design using the techniques you have learned.
      3. Film or videotape a vignette that could be used to teach a new Scout a Scouting skill.
  3. Do ONE of the following:
    1. Visit and watch how production work is done at a television station, production studio, cable television station, or related operation.
    2. Explain to your counselor the basic parts of a motion picture camera or video camera and how it operates.
  4. Explain the jobs related to film or video production: director, producer, audio engineer, video engineer, crew support.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.