http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

This little "game studio" in Japan - just a guy in his basement or something, really - creates some little PC game about some shitty fishes. Calls it something Japanese. No one cares, right?

And then, Cave Story. Wonderful, beautiful, enchanting freeware 2D platformer adventure game. It's sort of like Megaman crossed Zelda only really pretty, with an open scrolling platform world. Suddenly, everyone and his sister knows about this game.

The weird thing is you can't even get it from Studio Pixel, you get it from some English fan site. And the site has a running contest of how fast you can get through the secret end. Er, spoilers. Sorry.

No, really, it's a beautiful game. An instant cult classic. There's, like, erotic fan art. It's second to, maybe, Shadow Of the Colossus. If you haven't played Shadow Of The Colossus, you probably need to play that too. Seriously. Gorgeous.

What I'm saying is, quit huffing cans of Panel Magic, and go play Cave Story. It's a goddamn wood treatment, not a drug. No, no-

Put it down. Can you not see the warning on the can there?

Yeah, screw you. Get up, man.

Get up.

Shit. Are you faking it? Are you messing with me? Shit.

[Shaking] WAKE UP, MAN. I'M SERIOUS. I'M CALLING 911. ARE YOU MESSING WITH ME? I'M CALLING 911.

[On phone] Yeah, my friend was inhaling some stuff he's passed out, I-

Uh... 3350 Pine Crest...

OH SHIT HES NOT BREATHING, HES NOT BREATHING

OH MY GOD THIS CANT HAPPEN, I JUST CAME OVER TO SHOW HIM THIS GAME, I JUST WANTED HIM TO PLAY THE GODDAMNED GAME AND NOW HES DEAD OH MY GOD, NOW HES NEVER GONNA SEE THE GAME OR HAVE KIDS AND NEVER ANSWER NO TO PICKING THE BOOSTER 0.8 AND PICK UP THE ROBOT TOW CHAIN AND WAKE CURLY TWICE AND-

Wait, he's breathing, nevermind.

Yeah, he's waking up. Oh, shit, spoilers, sorry about that, man. Shit. Sorry.

I've really come to loath making these dumb "COME LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT" nodes.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.