I should be noding more, given all the time I have on my hands lately, but I keep getting distracted by stupid internet stuff. I've also been doing a little original stuff, related to the chunk I posted last year during Iron Noder during one of the periodic Everything Quests. Nowhere near enough to get it finished, though.

Am continuing to lose weight on the low-carb diet, though this has been temporarily derailed...and is not being helped by the depressing return of my venostasis leg ulcers, which had closed up for a few months but are now back. A lot smaller than they once were, true, but it was so nice not to have to bandage my legs every morning. Nothing for it but to try and stick to the diet, lose more weight, and stay as horizontal as possible as often as possible.

On the other hand, the former Mrs. Wombat, of whom I do have some good memories despite the events described in various nodes, recently got divorced from her second husband under pretty ugly circumstances, which I was amazed to hear she'd put up with for any length of time. This divorce will make my son's life more than a little easier, which is my main interest in the whole situation up there in the ninth circle of Hell at this point.

So life is complicated and not always pleasant, but I'm better off than I was in a lot of ways. Hopefully I'll get a functional desktop computer back this weekend, which will improve the quality of life around here more than a little...especially once fall sets in for real and I find myself in need of a space heater again.