As opposed to mere speculation about the game, I'll tell you instead about my experiences with it. While its still not scheduled for release here in the us for a number of months, I managed to get a copy anyway. My thoughts:

Quite possibly the best game I've even played. Well, it may not end up being my favorite, but the detail in this game is amazing. Not the texture resolution mind you, but the different ways it can be played and the different game types mixed. It begins as your standard fps affair, but as the game progresses, you first learn to work as part of a squad, then command a squad. You'll also learn to drive an M1A1 tank, and fly a Cobra gunship among other things. Its a FPS sure, but its much more. Strategy, Role Playing, Simulation, its all their. I accidentally shot one of my squad in the head, I genuinely felt bad about it. That's the level of involvment this game has.

The AI is simply generations ahead of what I have played against before. Unlike, say, the Delta Force series, your teammates act logically and intelligently, in fact, sometimes you find yourself riding the coattails of your brilliant teammates. The enemies will run when they need to, throw grenades at the right time, call in the tanks when they hear a disturbance, etc. They hit the deck when being fired upon, and hide when they're outnumbered. Overall, extremely impressive AI.

The maps are amazing too -- none of this 'We only generated a box X big, so don't run that way, or you'll reach an imaginary wall'. These are fully rendered entire islands, and they're pretty massive. I'd estimate an hour or so irl to run from one end to another on foot, much less via vechicle of course.

Overall, a very engrossing game. I'll definitely buy it when its finally released here in the us, if just for the documentation. Its well thought out and well implemented, with a plot to boot. Its the best game I've played since Jagged Alliance. If you enjoy any of the genres it takles and want a challenging game, this is it.